Philosophy & Research
- Originally developed by our founder, Dr Walter Scott, during his formative years in the investment business and the foundation for decades of successful investment strategies.
- As a research-driven firm our task is to find those special companies that can generate wealth and compound growth over the long term.
- Significant up-front research intensity gives rise to concentrated portfolios of high quality, high conviction investments.
- Understanding our clients and structuring their segregated portfolios to their specific needs is key.
- Portfolios are characterised by a high active position. We are alpha warriors.
Safety of Principal
“protection against loss under all normal or reasonably likely conditions”
“study of the facts in the light of established standards of safety and value”
“any rate or amount of return, however low, which the investor is willing to accept, provided he acts with reasonable intelligence”
Where we are
Scott Investment Partners is located on the banks of the river in beautiful Henley-on-Thames, a world-famous rowing venue renowned for the prestigious Leander Club and the annual Henley Royal Regatta.
Philosophy & Research
STUDY OF THE FACTS
- Fundamental research and data-driven analysis ensures thorough consideration of both qualitative and quantitative measures in reaching investment conclusions.
- Analysis can be summarised under six broad headings known as ‘The Perfect Six’ and which form the basis of our investment philosophy.
- Intensive and detailed in-house research identifies those businesses capable of generating internal rates of return commensurate with the needs of the client.
- A proprietary research process allows the assessment of candidate and owned businesses to ensure that stringent investment and valuation criteria are met.
- Strong businesses are characterised by robust balance sheets and the ability to compound earnings growth for the long term.
- Research is collaborative to ensure that every client and every investment receives the firm’s combined wisdom and experience.
- Teamwork necessitates that every investment candidate is rigorously scrutinised by all members of the investment team.
The result is a bespoke portfolio of the best companies, in the best sectors, in the best economies in the world.